Monday, March 8, 2010

Early Childhood Memories


I forgot to tell you that my romantic life started at 4 years of age, when we lived in Essex, and there was a boy about the same age, who lived next door. Our parents kindly made a path in each garden that connected, so I have a picture of this boy and me hugging gleefully, on the path. He can't have been too memorable, since I don't remember his name!

The early years of school were not outstanding, but I do remember being taken to the local swimming baths during the school day: walking there of course. They seemed to call them baths after the Roman baths around Britain. Indeed they were very like Roman creations made with mosaic tiles. I cringe at the thought of Miss Bull pulling me through the water with a webbing belt on a rope. No wonder that I've never taken too kindly to swimming like the rest of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment