
Genesis, an interesting word that means origin or beginning,
So, perhaps it's apt for the origin of my blog to be my origin!
Once upon a time long, long ago, in the land of the "Beetles", in a little house in the suburbs of Liverpool, a baby was born at home to a 40yr. mother on a Sunday...trouble was it was a breach birth without hospital facilities in the 1930's, yet the Lord graciously allowed us both to live.
Yeah folks, that's me. I think that the Lord must have a purpose for my life, and I hope that I am fulfilling it.
Trouble is that everyone in my family is so much older than I am. My siblings were, Jean 11yrs, Alf 9yrs, and John 7yrs, at that time. My Mum was the youngest of 4 kids, and my Father the youngest of 8 children, so I had cousins 19yrs older, and in fact Nancy became my God-Mother as well as my cousin, and a very fine God-Mother, who I came to love, whether in U.K. or the U.S.A.
We lived up north until I was 2yrs, and then moved to the S.E. in Essex,also for 2 yrs, and on to a nice house, in Heston, not far from Heathrow Airport. I would live in that area until I got married, though this would involve 3 house moves and a 6yr war; so they were turbulent years.
In Essex, a silly detail in my little life was that I had a "dummy", (called pacifier), from which I was inseparable. We had some relatives nearby who teased me unmercifully about it, and finally tricked me out of it! Perhaps that explains why I was a very insecure child!!
We had a school called "Infants School" for the 5yr olds, and every day I would hate to go.
I would walk around our flower garden after breakfast, and hope that nobody would remember me. I would have deep little thoughts and fears about my potential day. To adults it it probably seemed small and unimportant, but to me it was overwhelming in my world.
More of my saga next time.
Nana, you have a blog! I'm so excited!
ReplyDelete